Relieving Work Related Stress with Humour
(Virtual and In-Person)
Judy’s 7 Ingredients to Laugh Long and Pro$per
Stress is a major cause of most illnesses, but humour is an amazing way to relieve it. Did you know that your brain shrinks when it is stressed? Harvard studies have demonstrated just that.
But, when you laugh, you relax; and when you relax, you learn.
This hilarious and inspirational session explores seven stress-relieving ingredients: a positive attitude, perseverance, forgiveness, teamwork, family and friends, mental activity and physical activity.
- Appreciate the incredible medical benefits of humour
- Find out how happiness is a mindset
- Increase your chances of surviving a heart attack by five times and increase your lifespan and quality of life by laughing
- Increase your brain’s reasoning and decision-making
- Learn the surprising key to motivation and the most important gift you can give your child
Judy’s 7 Ingredients:
1. Positive Attitude
“A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make the effort worth it.”
Reader’s Digest Hern Albright
“When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt
“To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.”
Louis B Smedes
“When you form a team, why do you try to form a team? Because teamwork builds trust and trust builds speed.”
5. Family and Friends
“Families are like fudge. Mostly sweet- with a few nuts.”
6. Mental Activity
“Man’s mind stretched to a new idea never goes back to its original dimensions.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
7. Physical Activity
“Know laughter is good. To do laughter is better. To be laughter is THE BEST.”
Dr. Madan Kataria (Physician and Laughter Yoga Guru)
Stand Up in 10 Steps
A hands-on workbook
‘Stand Up in 10 Steps’ is for comedians, corporate speakers and anyone who just wants to be funny! (Download PDF on purchase)
From the Stage to the Page
Life Lessons from Four Funny Ladies
Check out this new book that Judy has co-written with fellow speakers; Judy Suke, Meg Soper and Susan Stewart.
Buy Your Copy NOW
What people say about Judy Croon’s keynotes and workshops
(Virtual and In-Person)
Human Nutraceutical Research Unit | University of Guelph
We hired Judy to speak at a wellness event for the Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences at the University of Guelph. She was absolutely fantastic with the crowd and great to work with. I’ve been getting so many rave reviews from our faculty and staff. Several people telling me “they needed that” and it gave them lots to think about.
Judy was fantastic. Even at 9:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning, she was able to win over a skeptical crowd with her talk about using humour to relieve stress at work. There were a lot of great takeaways and some really good belly laughs.
Partners in Prevention – Thunder Bay (Workplace Safety and Prevention Services)
Judy, it was a pleasure to work with you. We thoroughly enjoyed your talk – very entertaining, and certainly the talk of the morning! We will certainly keep you in mind for future events!
Ontario Federation of Healthcare Workers
Judy, all the stewards who attended the training felt that your seminar was the best out of all three days!
Toronto East District, Certified Management Accountants of Ontario
Judy, your presentation on “7 Ingredients to Living Well That Don’t Include Tofu” was very thought provoking, focused, yet humorous. The audience was glued to their seats throughout the whole presentation enjoying every bit of the inspirational and stress reliever tips.
PMI Region 3 Leaders Summit
on behalf of the R3 Leaders Summit Planning Team, I want to thank you for speaking at our conference last week. Your presentation and your style are truly entertaining, while your content is rich and full of gems.
Attitude and Humour were 2 of the ingredients that resonated with me immediately.
Hopefully, we will see you again on our stage or the stages of other PMI events.
Certified Management Accountants of Ontario
Judy, you were absolutely fantastic last night. You had the whole audience in stitches. You don’t usually hear accountants laugh that much and also, a very good topic on why humor is so important to our mental and physical well being, you delivered the message superbly.
St. Jerome’s University, University of Waterloo
Thank you for a most entertaining keynote, which I am sure everyone will agree, was the highlight of our day.
Canadian Union of Public Employees- Local 218
Judy, thank you so much for attending our day- outstanding performance, job WELL done. I have received nothing but positive feedback from my colleagues. Thank you again for making our day a success. I will highly recommend you as a keynote. You are a very intelligent and very funny lady.
CREW Foundation San Francisco
Thank you for tailoring your material to suit our audience. Your act was smart, clean and extremely entertaining. We feel very lucky to have selected you as our entertainment.
Canada’s Safest Employers
Judy was the keynote speaker for the 2018 Canada’s Safest Employers awards and she did an absolutely fantastic job. Not only did she give some practical information about the importance of reducing stress at work, but she was also hilarious and had the audience in stitches. I would highly recommend Judy as a keynote speaker for any event.
Janette Ramirez Associate Producer Let’s Talk Entertainment Joan Rivers – Roy Thomson Hall
Judy, I have to tell you that I have received so many compliments on your poise, delivery and skills as a moderator. Everyone in the audience was talking about you and emailing saying they want you back. Hopefully we can work together again.
Goodlife Fitness Health and Wellness Leadership Summit
Thank you for your excellent closing presentation at the GoodLife Fitness Health and Wellness Leadership Summit held at the Toronto Metro Convention Centre. ‘The Power of Humour to Diffuse Stress and Improve Well-Being’ was filled with laughter, energy and some very important takeaways for our attendees. Our delegate feedback scores consistently rated your presentation as ‘Exceptional’! Your keynote was the perfect way to end an amazing the day!
Ontario Waterpower Association
Judy spoke as our evening keynote at our annual conference. She made our event! Her speech was hilarious, yet professional. I highly recommend Judy.
Durham Catholic District School Board
Judy Croon’s quick wit, humour and motivational delivery of her presentation, “7 Ingredients to Living Well That Don’t Include Tofu” was inspirational, thought provoking…a stress reliever for sure!
CSAE (Canadian Society of Association Executives) Trillium Chapter
Judy, on behalf of the CSAE Trillium Chapter, thank you very much for your participation in the
7th Annual Summer Summit, ‘Light the Flame Success.’ We are extremely grateful that you took
time out of your busy schedule to share your knowledge and experience with our delegates.
There is no doubt that without engaging and insightful presenters like you, the Trillium Chapter
would not be able to offer such high quality programming for its members.
Thank you again for sharing your knowledge and passion at the Summer Summit and for contributing
to the success of this event.
Etobicoke Childcare Supervisors
On behalf of Etobicoke Childcare Supervisors, thank you for your wonderful presentation. We all enjoyed having you. Relieving Work Related Stress with Humour was an informative yet really fun way to wrap up the year!
Family Transition Place
We hired Judy Croon for a large community fundraiser. We have worked with many speakers over the years, and she was one of the easiest to work with! She was so accommodating and her quick wit during the communication we had back and forth all the way through the planning – kept me smiling and laughing! Thank you Judy! Keep on laughing!
We loved you!
Ferndale/Lion’s Head & Dist. Lioness Club
On behalf of the Ferndale/Lion’s Head & District Lioness Club I wish to thank you for giving us your time to make a presentation at our recent Laugh and Learn Conference in Owen Sound. I think it may have been obvious to you that your presentation was a great hit with our attendees. The applause and standing ovation at the end of it must have assured you of that. Kind regards, and may you continue to bring laughter and insight to many others.
The Food Industry Credit Bureau (Profil Credit)
Thank you for your session last week at our conference in Toronto. Many of my members emailed me to let me know how much they truly enjoyed your presentation. Thank you so much! Hoping we have the pleasure of with you again on other events.
I can’t remember the last time I laughed so hard. People were stopping me in the halls at work for the next week to tell me how much they enjoyed the show.
Everyone was energized and ready for the day
Judy did an amazing job as opening keynote for the IIBA Ottawa-Outaouais chapter’s Capital BA Day conference. I enjoyed the humour she brought to her message about dealing with stress. Everyone was so energized and ready for the day after her talk. I definitely recommend her for other conferences.
~IIBA (International Institute of Business Analysis) Ottawa -Outaouais Chapter President
Small Business Club Niagara Inc.
Your presence at our event was amazing. All the feedback we’ve received has to do with sore faces and sides from all the laughing that occurred at our luncheon.
Best Speaker Ever!
Judy, thanks so much for yesterday! Hearing raving reviews that you were the best speaker our team has ever had during a town hall. It was a refreshing session and exactly what the team needed at this time of year
~Canada Border Services
Alberta Culture – Vitalize
your seven ingredients were humorous, inexpensive and practical! I laughed and left less stressed than when I came in. Thank you.
Alberta Culture – Vitalize
I loved your session, ‘7 Ingredients for living well that don’t include tofu.’
I loved it soooo much that I’m trying to get the organizers for the
Alberta Library Conference to book you for their conference next April
in Jasper. Hope they are able to get you. If they do I’ll see you next
year! But in the meantime, I’m now following you on Twitter.
Again it was great to meet you.
TROOL Social Media
Judy Croon is not only a great seasoned comedian, she is a deeply committed teacher who understands the ins and outs and all the subtle nuances of comedy. I could not have asked for a better mentor, and teacher. I think Canada is lucky to have such a quality motivational speaker here. Judy is a true Canadian gem.
DBCO 2012 Symposium
Thank you, Judy for a great close to the event. I knew ‘Relieving Stress with Humour’ was the right fit and you delivered!
WIBN | WithIt President
I met Judy first through her videos posted online and I knew right away that not only did I want to meet this woman, I wanted her to speak at a women’s business event I was planning. Just by watching her videos I knew she was funny, smart and would connect with the audience immediately and intimately. I wasn’t wrong. Judy’s message at the Women in Biz 2nd Annual Conference was funny and touching and I watched the women in the crowd nodding their heads as she spoke. Judy was a standout speaker and gracious to all who approached her before and after her presentation and I’m grateful to have worked with her.
Hamilton Wentworth District School Board Health and Safety Conference
With a theme of wellness, there was no better way to end our day than with a solid hour of laughter. Thank you for contributing to the wellness of our employees.
Social Services, Sault Ste. Marie – Health and Safety Conference
Thank you for providing such an informative and fun day!
you did an excellent job and we received many complimentary comments after your presentation. I would not hesitate to recommend your talents to anybody looking for entertainment or motivational speaking.
Early Childhood Resource Teacher Network of Ontario
Judy, our group tremendously enjoyed your keynote ‘Relieving Stress with Humour’. Your humour and anecdotes left us laughing right from the start. Your seven points to relieve stress was a clever mix of thoughtful insights backed by research. Combined with your stories, the audience felt like they could truly relate. Your interactive exercises gave us an opportunity to participate and get to know you and each other. ‘Relieving Stress with Humour’ is truly a gem of a keynote that lives up to its title. Highly recommended to provide fun, entertainment, and inspiration.
Ontario Ministry of Labour – Occupational Health and Safety Branch
Judy, you were a hit with our staff members. They were so thankful that you gave them a strong message mixed with good humour. We are spreading the word about what an AWESOME and AMAZING speaker you are. You are a star!
O.F.H.C.W LiUNA Local 1110 (Ontario Federation of Healthcare Workers)
I just want to thank you once again for attending and speaking at our Stewards Training Conference. All the stewards who attended the training felt that your seminar was the best out of all three days! I have so many wonderful comments from them – it was truly amazing to see! Thank you again, and I hope we can work with you again soon!
Lasting Solutions HR Consulting and Coaching
Judy ended our HRPA year with a very entertaining and insightful evening. We have so many blessings in our lives and with the business we all have every day we sometimes forget to recognize them. Judy helped us to stop, laugh, reflect, be thankful and laugh a whole lot more. It was fabulous! If you want great entertainment, book her now!
Associations, Corporations and Foundations
- Alberta Health and Safety Conference and Trade Show
- Activity Pro
- Alberta Recreation Facility Personnel Conference – 40th Anniversary
- Alcatel Lucent
- Algoma Power
- Algonquin Lakeshore Catholic District School Board
- ALS Society of Ontario
- Association of Hearing Instrument Practitioners of Ontario
- Altima Dental Canada
- BC Seniors Living Association
- Bell Canada
- Bereaved Families of Ontario
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Caledon Public Library
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
- Canadian Independent Telephone Association
- Canadian Music Awards
- Canadian Niagara Power Inc
- Canadian National Magazines Awards
- Canadian Payroll National Conference
- Canadian Public Relations Society
- Canadian Society of Association Executives
- Canadian Society of Professional Event Planners
- Canadian Union of Public Employees
- Cascade Corporation
- CC Tatham and Associates Ltd Consulting Engineers
- Centennial College
- Ceridian Networks for Women
- Certified Management Accountants of Ontario
- Central West Palliative Care Network
- Chamber Executives of Ontario
- Charles H. Best Diabetes Centre
- Child Development Resource Connection Peel Conference
- Chilton Medical Centre, New Jersey
- City of Cornwall – Child Care Services
- City of Hamilton – IT Division
- City of Toronto – Toronto Building
- City of Toronto- Treasurer Office
- CMA Certified Management Accountants
- Concert Properties Health and Safety Conference
- Cornwall Chamber of Commerce
- Cornwall Electric and Eastern Ontario Power
- CPA Ontario
- CSAE Trillium Chapter Summits
- CREW (Women in Commercial Real Estate) Toronto, San Francisco
- Cutting Edjj Consulting
- CUPE LOCAL 79 Health and Safety
- Dalhousie University MBA
- Deaf Blind Ontario Services
- DPI (Developing Professionalism in Informatics)
- Durham Catholic District School Board
- Durham District School Board
- Durham Region Association of Realtors
- Early Childhood Resource Teacher Network of Ontario
- Eastern Region Support Staff Conference – St. Lawrence College
- Etobicoke Childcare Supervisors
- Extendicare Canada
- Family Transition Place
- Fanshaw College – 50th Anniversary – Community Employment Services
- Far Northeast Training Board
- Financial Planning Standards Council
- Fleet Safety Council
- General Motors
- GoodLife Fitness Health & Wellness Leadership Summit Toronto
- Guelph District Human Resource Professionals Association
- Guelph Hydro
- Guelph Humane Society
- Guelph Public Library
- Guelph Women of Networking
- Government of Alberta Cultural and Community Services
- Grand Erie District School Board
- Great Lakes Power Transmission
- Halton Healthcare Facilities
- Hamilton Wentworth District School Board
- Hamilton Wentworth Student Transportation Services
- Health and Safety Ontario
- Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Canada
- Hospice Palliative Care Ontario
- Hospital For Sick Kids
- Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
- HRPA National Conference
- HRPA Barrie
- HRPA Cornwall
- HPRA Hamilton
- HRPA Grey Bruce Chapter
- HRPA Kingston
- HRPA Ottawa
- HPRA West Toronto Chapter
- Hydro One
- IA Clarington Investments
- I.H.S.A. Fleet Safety Council
- ICSA (International Customer Service Association)
- Independent Accountants’ Investment Counsel (IAIC)
- Imperial Oil
- International Association of Electrical Inspectors
- International Coaching Federation Toronto
- Investors’ Group
- JSS Barristers
- Junior Farmers’ Association of Ontario
- ISP Summit (Internet Service Providers)
- Kazman Foundation
- Kinsmen Association
- Kitchener-Wilmot Hydro
- Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association
- Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute
- Looby Construction
- Markham Stouffville Hospital – Child Development Programs
- McMaster University
- Ministry of Attorney General -Director of Crown Operations
- Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
- Motorola Canada
- Municipal Finance Association of Ontario
- National Convenience Industry Summit
- Niagara Falls Chamber of Commerce
- New Brunswick Association of Respiratory Therapists
- National Convenience Stores Distributors Association
- The Newfoundland and Labrador Occupational Health &Safety Association (NLOHSA)
- Northwest Atlantic Real Estate
- Omers Strategic Investments
- Ontario Association of Food Banks
- Ontario Association of School Business Officials
- Ontario Campground Association
- Ontario Carleton Elementary Teachers’ Federation
- Ontario Home Builders Association
- Ontario Healthcare Housekeepers’ Association
- Ontario Federation of Healthcare Workers
- Ontario Ministry of Environment & Climate Change
- Ontario Ministry of Labour
- Ontario Municipal Social Services Association (OMSSA)
- Older Adults Centres’ Association of Ontario (OACAO)
- Ontario Real Estate Association
- Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation
- Ontario SPCA
- Ontario Ministry of Labour – Occupational Health and Safety
- Ontario Municipal Social Services Association (65th anniversary)
- Ontario Nurses Association
- Ontario Water Association
- Ontario Association of School Business Officials (OASBO)
- Ontario Works Sault Ste. Marie
- Ontario Workplace Safety and Prevention Services
- Ottawa Carleton Elementary Teachers’ Federation
- Ovarian Cancer Canada
- Paperworks Industries - Hamilton
- Parklawn Preschool Inc
- Peel Children’s Centre
- Port Hope and District Chamber of Commerce
- Profil Credit Inc.
- Project Managers International
- PMI Lakeshore Chapter
- Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation
- Purdue University
- Region of Peel Child Care Centres
- Ronald Macdonald House
- Royal Lepage Realtors (Montreal, Orangeville, Ottawa, Toronto, St. Catharine’s)
- Ryerson Women Of Leadership
- Safety Services Manitoba
- Sandoz Canada Biopharmaceutical Division
- SBCI School Board’s Cooperative Inc
- Scottish Rite Supreme Council
- Skygrid Construction
- Small Business of Niagara INC
- Southern California Ad and Sales Awards
- Saskatchewan Safety Council
- Southlake Regional Facilities
- Southwest Local Health Integration Network
- Sunshine Foundation of Canada
- St. Jerome’s University
- Sudbury District School Board Conference
- TACC Construction
- The Agency for Co-operative Housing
- The Food Industry Credit Bureau
- Timmins Construction Association
- Timmins Health and Safety Conference
- Toastmasters International
- Toronto Police Association
- United Way York Region
- University of Guelph Human Nutraceutical Research Unit
- University of Waterloo
- Vacation.com Regional Conferences (Toronto, Markham, Calgary, Vancouver, Washington, DC)
- Vanyance Technologies
- Wasaga Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Wellspring Birmingham Gilgan House
- Women in Business
- Women In Biz Network
- Women in Business Network
- Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region
- Women in Business Chamber of Commerce Brantford-Brant
- Women in Film and Video Gala Awards, Washington, DC
- Women Presidents’ Organization
- Woodbine Entertainment
- Workplace Safety and Prevention Services Ontario
- Workers Compensation Awards
- YWCA/ YMCA
- Zonta International